Interested in attending? We welcome you to join us at the Aurora Summit! Watch for the link to register on Eventzilla, which is usually posted on the homepage in June.
Follow these steps when you sign up:
- Reserve your lodging first. Discounted rates are available at the host hotel when you call and mention the Aurora Summit. No deposit is required. For details, scroll down or see Lodging & Camping on the registration website — Coming Soon!
- Register for the Aurora Summit on Eventzilla:
Coming Soon! Check back in June
- Submit a photo to the Aurora Slideshow. Find out how at the link!
- If you’d like to buy apparel when it becomes available, order online so your shirts and gear can be shipped to you ahead of the event.
- Connect with other guests by joining the Aurora Summit 19 event on Facebook or posting with the hashtag #AuroraSummit19.
Located in lake country south of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore, the Aurora Summit is surrounded by beautiful state parks and scenery, including lighthouses, rivers, waterfalls, and palisades. With a day pass to the state parks system, guests can take advantage of all the parks during the day.
Activities after hours include everything from Aurora Chasing and Light Painting to Night Sky Photography. On Saturday night, we walk out to the beach located near the hotel to enjoy the night sky and take photographs. We light a bonfire to keep everyone warm. Pack for cold temps, bring camera gear with safe storage, and plan to be out late, immersed in the wonders of the night sky!
Sunrise or sunset over Lake Superior is a must! If you can find a good view on the many beaches in the area, these sunrises and sunsets are sure to amaze you. Whether you’re a photographer or not, don’t miss it!
Venue for Aurora Summit 19: Harbor View Event Center, Washburn, Wisconsin
Host Hotel: The Washburn Inn
128 Harbor View Dr.
Washburn, WI 54891
Rate of $89/night when you call and mention the Aurora Summit.
Space is limited at the host hotel, so act fast!
We have also reserved a block of rooms at a discounted rate at nearby hotels.
Ashland, WI 54806
Rates of $94 – $104 based on view. Call and mention the Aurora Summit.
26 W Bayfield St.
Washburn, WI 54891
(715) 373-55122 blocks away. Budget option.
Open to the Public
The Aurora Summit is open to the public, but it is limited to adults ages 18 and up. If a minor wishes to attend, we request the signature of a parent/guardian on consent forms. Guests must register in advance of the conference.
The conference package typically includes meals and more than 10 sessions on photography and night sky topics, with a keynote speaker and special events. Guests are responsible for their own lodging.
Have more questions? Check out the FAQ.
Photo by Melissa F. Kaelin.