Interested in attending? We welcome you to join us at the Aurora Summit! Watch for the link to register on Eventzilla, which is usually posted on the homepage in June.
Follow these steps when you sign up:
- Reserve your lodging first. Discounted rates are available at the host hotel when you call and mention the Aurora Summit. No deposit is required. For details, scroll down or view Lodging & Camping on the registration website.
- Register for the Aurora Summit on Eventzilla:
- Submit a photo to the Aurora Slideshow. Find out how at the link!
- If you’d like to buy apparel when it becomes available, order online so your shirts and gear can be shipped to you ahead of the event. Coming Soon!
- Connect with other guests by joining the Aurora Summit 19 event on Facebook or posting with the hashtag #AuroraSummit19.
View the full Conference Schedule.
Learn more About the event.
Located in lake country south of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore, the Aurora Summit is surrounded by beautiful state parks and scenery, including lighthouses, rivers, waterfalls, and palisades. With a day pass to the state parks system, guests can take advantage of all the parks during the day.
Activities after hours include everything from Aurora Chasing and Light Painting to Night Sky Photography. On Saturday night, we walk out to the beach located near the hotel to enjoy the night sky and take photographs. We light a bonfire to keep everyone warm. Pack for cold temps, bring camera gear with safe storage, pack a laptop for photo editing if desired, and plan to be out late, immersed in the wonders of the night sky!
Sunrise or sunset over Lake Superior is a must! Find a good view on the many beaches in the area, and these sunrises and sunsets are sure to amaze you. Whether you’re a photographer or not, don’t miss it!
Aurora Summit 19
$140 Early Bird Rate, Valid thru July 28, 4 WEEKS ONLY!
$175 Regular Admission
$69 Banquet Only
Venue: Harbor View Event Center
Host Hotel: The Washburn Inn
Questions? Read the FAQ
The Washburn Inn
128 Harbor View Dr.
Washburn, WI 54891
Rate of $89/night when you call and mention the Aurora Summit. Space is limited at the host hotel, so act fast!
We have also reserved a block of rooms at a discounted rate at nearby hotels.
Ashland, WI 54806
Rates of $94 – $104 based on view. Call and mention the Aurora Summit by Oct. 1.
26 W Bayfield St.
Washburn, WI 54891
(715) 373-55122 blocks away. Budget option.
The North Coast Inn and Chalet has rooms at $54 for 1 queen, $59 for 2 Queens, and $69 for a kitchenette based on 2 people plus tax. More people after that is just $5 per person. They have 18 rooms and will take reservations now. This is for the budget conscious and just 2 blocks away.
Open to the Public
The Aurora Summit is open to the public, but it is limited to adults ages 18 and up. If a minor wishes to attend, we request the signature of a parent/guardian on consent forms. Guests must register in advance of the conference.
The conference package typically includes meals and more than 10 sessions on photography and night sky topics, with a keynote speaker and special events. Guests are responsible for their own lodging.
Have more questions? Check out the FAQ.
Photo by Melissa F. Kaelin.