The Aurora Summit offers a weekend packed with activities related to the Northern Lights, Astrophotography and the Night Sky.
Meet our speakers and presenters for the next Aurora Summit on the Event page!
Aurora Summit 22
Coming Soon! Check back to view all the details as we roll out the full conference schedule for 2022.
The conference schedule (tentative) for Aurora Summit 22 is below. Any updates to the schedule will be posted here. Activities and times may be subject to change.
AURORA SUMMIT 22
Friday, Nov. 4 — Sunday, Nov. 6, 2022
Legendary Waters Resort
Red Cliff, Wisconsin
PRE-CONFERENCE PROGRAM, 9AM-5PM FRIDAY
9am – Noon: Hands-on photography clinic for camera settings and exposure for aurora photography, manual focus, and photo composition in the dark.
Noon – 2 pm: Break for lunch (included)
2pm – 5pm: Interactive demonstration on star tracker set-up straight out of the box, from start to finish. Bring yours and learn how to set it up, polar align it, and attach a camera and lens.
6pm: Dinner on your own
7pm: Night photography on your own
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4
- 2 – 5pm: Registration, Legendary Waters Resort
- Cash Bar Opens
- Aurora Chasers Atlas! Meet Travel Companions
- Welcome, Dinner Buffet (Included)
- Aurora Chasing Panel with Q&A
- How to Focus in the Dark
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5
Hot Breakfast (included)
AM: Educational Sessions
PM: Educational Sessions
Cash Bar Opens
6-9pm: Banquet Featuring Aurora Summit Slideshow (dinner included)
7:30pm: Keynote Speaker Dr. Tamitha Skov
9:30pm: Night Demonstrations & Photography Clinics
10–11pm: BYOL Light Painting Party
Interactive! Bring your own light toys, light strips, flashlights, and costumes to get in on the fun!
Dusk to Dawn: Group Aurora Chase
- “The Sun-Earth Connection: The Science and Processes behind the Northern Lights,” (A) Vincent Ledvina
- “The Fundamentals of Aurora Photography,” (B) Jeanine Holowatuik
- “The Parker Solar Probe, the Solar Orbiter and Space Weather Reporting,” (I) John ONeal NC Stargazer
- “What Is the Aurora, How Does it Happen and When Should I Look?” (B) Bob King
- “Upcoming Celestial Events You Don’t Want to Miss,” (B) Bob King
- “Color in Lights: Chasing the Aurora Colorblind,” (I) Justin Anderson
- “Native Culture: Introduction to Our Anishinaabe Culture and the Meaning of Place,” (B) Anna Martineau Merritt
- “Becoming an Aurora Chaser: From Beginner to Addict,” (B) Steve Luther
- “Taking Your Images Further: Using blending and tracking to create beautiful high definition photos,” (I) Marybeth Kiczenski
- “Voyager and the Heliosphere,” (B) Dave Falkner
- “How to Use a Star Tracker and What You Can Do,” (A) Melonie Elvebak
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6
Hot Breakfast (included)
Raffle Prizes, Grand Prize, Must be present to win
12:30pm: Farewell and Send-off
Lunch on your own
All activities take place at the host hotel, Legendary Waters Resort, located on Lake Superior’s shore in Red Cliff, Wisconsin.
Check out our Events page to learn about the presenters!
Do you have more questions? Get answers with the FAQ
More Aurora Summit News
To get a sense of what may be offered, you can also view the complete history of the conference program in the Archives.